Four Paws is an international organisation that tries to protect animals under direct influence from humans. They believe in a world where animals are treated with respect and kindness.
FOUR PAWS is the global animal welfare organisation for animals under direct human influence, which reveals suffering, rescues animals in need and protects them. Four paws – official mission statement
About the NGO: Four paws
Four Paws is a global organisation that rescues and protects animals from suffering. The organisation has multiple sanctuaries worldwide where rescued animals that comes from different brutalities can find a safe home. They want to establish changes in politics, society and the economy that will benefit animals. They promote this way of thinking through protests, campaigns and education.
They focus on animals such as: stray cats and dogs, farm animals and wild animals.
Global headquarter: Vienna
Local headquarter: Australia; Austria; Belgium; Bulgaria; Germany; Kosovo; the Netherlands; Switzerland; South Africa; Thailand; Ukraine; the UK; the USA
Other locations: –
Board of directors: Josef Pfabigan; Nicole Schreyer; Gerald Dick; Luciana D’Abramo
International history of NGO
- 1988: Four Paws was founded by Heli Dungler.
- 1998: The organisation opened the first bear sanctuary in Arbesbach.
- 2008: The big cat sanctuary Lionsrock opened in South Africa.
- 2010: Four Paws started a cooperation with the Princess Alia foundation.
- 2014: Another bear sanctuary called Prishtina opened.
- 1989: They helped stop the transport of captured birds by the airlines AUA and Lauda Air.
- 1999: The organisation helped stop Austria’s largest battery cage egg producer.
- 2018 and 2020: the organisation rescued lions from horrible zoos.
- They have had hundreds of thousands supporters in many of their projects which has meant a great deal has been changed during Four Paw’s time.
- Every year this organisation rescues many animals – and that is a great achievement!
- Four Paw’s head of stray animal care, Katherine Polak, was quoted for a racist opinion.
How can you help?
This page is written by Our Only Home (2021-10-12)
The organisation: four-paws